Monday, March 8, 2010

Craving for Taro

After few days being absent from the kitchen, I started feeling tired of eating out and craving my own cooked-food. I enjoy the fresh ingredients and my own style of preparing the food - not overcooked, not too oily and just the right taste for my palate.

Last night I was actually craving for the taro-based creamy corn soup again. This time I modified it slightly, also because I have some bit of Australian pumpkin. Besides, I was also cooking this "slummy" vegetable that my dining buddy doesn't really like to eat normally. She told me that she never really likes the way it is prepared by any food-stall outside. I took up the challenge! I know she likes sour-salty-hot kind of stuff, so I tried. By the way, that vegetable is called "ladies finger". I guess it's not because ladies finger is slummy (eeeekkkk.....), but rather it looks like a nice long and slender shape of ladies finger. Really?!?

Anyway.... here is the recipe,

1. Taro Creamy Corn Soup
(taro, pumpkin, creamy corn soup, salt, sugar, black pepper, oregano, dried basil, butter)

2. Hot and Sour Ladies Finger
(ladies finger, salt, green chili, red chili, chili paddy - optional, fresh basil, lime)
Pssstttt..... honestly, this recipe was inherited from my sister when she cooked for me some time back at Petir Cafe.


So, I won her taste at last.... It was fresh and tantalizing the taste buds! The creamy corn soup came out to be better, with the right sweetness from the pumpkin and some hint of herbs in the background.

Nice and I was pleased that my craving was satisfied simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment