Monday, April 12, 2010

The Making of Fresh Ravioli

My friend brought her pasta-maker from Jakarta and she let me use that for the first time. I was so excited and happy and I promised her some nice fresh pasta for dinner. I checked on the pasta-maker, she actually didn't realize that when she bought that, it doesn't come with the extension to make spaghetti or tagliatelle, so the machine is only able to make sheet pasta. I thought for a moment that I can actually buy the "cutter" and slice the sheet manually. I changed my mind then, it was just too much work as for now as that would only be my second time making fresh pasta, and I decided to make Ravioli instead.

Last Saturday, besides making the brownies, I made Ravioli with roasted red pepper and blue cheese filling. It was tiring as I was still not so familiar with the dough consistency, but believe me it was a lot of fun. We also don't have a table with the "right" edges to fix the pasta-maker, so I need my Assistant to hold on the machine while I rolled my dough in. So pity of him. I actually spent the whole afternoon from 1pm till 8.30pm in the kitchen, making lunch, baking brownies and making Ravioli. By the time we finished the dinner, it was almost 11pm. But I was happy. I think that's the most important thing.

It was too much work or too much fun, I was not quite sure, but I forgot to prepare the salad for the appetizer. Because I wanted the Ravioli to go with home-made pesto sauce, so there were a lot of ingredients to prepare. All the more, these days we are short-handed as the other Assistant has been working hard to prepare for her CPA Exam this coming May.

I hope we can publish the photos soon. The Fresh Ravioli with Creamy Pesto Sauce. Delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment