Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Swiss Roschti

Talking about potatoes, this is also another food that I like. The Roschti. The easiest way to get it, served nice and warm, is from Marche. It's not that I'm promoting Marche, but yes I always get Roschti (with some other stuff) when I hit there.

It was last Saturday, after we finished baking the cakes, we had the urge to eat Roschti. So I looked that we have some potatoes in the kitchen and some cream leftover from the baking activities too. I "ordered" that the (5 med-sized for 3 persons) potatoes were peeled and then shredded, seasoned it with some (1 tbsp) cream, salt, pepper, and baked it in the oven for 15 minutes or so to get the seasoning absorbed and to make it slightly cooked. Some Swiss actually recommends to use day-old-baked potatoes, but we were too hungry to wait until the next day!!!

Applied some butter or olive oil onto a flat non-sticky pan and transferred the baked shredded-potatoes. Pan fried with low heat. Stirred occasionally and pressed down. Served it hot with some mustard and sour cream, or even tomato sauce.

And for me, I like to eat it with Bratwurst (I bought some from the Pan Pacific Hotel) since no one travels to Germany recently. I enjoyed it a lot. Mmmmm.... 

From Kitchen Runaway

No comments:

Post a Comment